All international students must apply for Foreigner Registration within 90 days from the day of their arrival to Korea.
Since Foreigner Registration is required when applying for most of the services in Korea, it is strongly recommended that you apply for this immediately upon your arrival to Korea. Foreigner Registration Card will be issued about 3~4 weeks after your application date.
2. Application form (available at the Immigration Office)
3. 1 color ID photo (3.5cm x 4.5cm, background color must be white)
4. Certificate of enrollment
5. Process fee of KRW 10,000
Under Article 38 of Immigration Control Act, the Ministry of Justice requires that all foreigners intending to stay in Korea for more than 91 days must register fingerprint information when applying for foreigner registration from July 1, 2011. You must visit the jurisdictional Immigration Office in person and have your fingerprint registered.
International students (with D-2 visa) whose extended period of study is approved by Sogang University beyond the current valid visa are required to apply for visa extension at the Immigration Office from two months before the expiration date.
1. Application form (available at the Immigration Office)
3. Foreigner Registration Card
4. Transcript (Sogang University Transcript)
5. Certificate of Enrollment
6. Bank Balance (more than US$3,000)
7. Service fee (KRW 30,000)
1. If you live in Seoul
Seoul Immigration Office
#319-2, Sinjeong 6-dong, Yangcheon-gu, Seoul
1. Take subway line 5 bound for Bangwha and get off at Mok-dong station by Exit 6 or Omokgyo station by Exit 7.
2. Seoul Immigration Office is about 10-15 minute walk from the station.
3. There are small signs posted along the way indicating the direction.
|Immigration Office||Address||Phone No.|
|Immigration Bureau||Government Complex, 1, Jungangdong, Gwacheon, Gyeonggido||02-2110-3433|
|Suwon Immigration Office||1012-6, Yeong-tong dong, Yeong-tong gu,||031-695-3800|
|Yangju Immigration Office (Uijeongbu)||467-2, Deokgye dong, Yangju City, Gyeonggido||031-828-9301|